Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Friends

The one thing that makes me saddest is that I am bad when it comes to dealing with people. I barely get along with the in-laws, I keep a safe distance from most of my extented family and I have like one friend, whose birthday I forget every year!!

It is sad. There is this other friend I met a couple of years ago and we had good fun. I like her a lot and adored her son and even her husband was a friend of ST's. And then something happened and it I snapped. It was not a big issue, but I felt cheated and I could not get over it. So I did what I always do. Started distancing myself and now I rarely see her.

I dont know what to think! I am not overly sensitive but I think when you let someone so close the least you can expexct is for them to be considerate. I would never do the kind of thing they did, so I find it difficult to get over it. On the other hand, sometiimes, I think if I keep pushing everyone out of my life I will lose out on all the beautiful moments that come with relationships! I would love to have friends but I can never be friends with people I cant respect.

No comments: